Top 5 Best Gaming Projectors of 2020
If you're crazy about video games, you've probably considered buying a gaming projector that allows you to enjoy the graphics of your favourite games in a big way. Before wasting the money and being frustrated, we advise you to read the article we research the best gaming projectors that you can buy right now, from portable wonders to home theatre beasts, all of which have proved themselves and if you're not sure what features to consider while buying then read our practical buyer's guide.
1. Epson Home Cinema 2150 Wireless
Check Price on Amazon
Epson Home Cinema 2150 Wireless is an affordable projector compared to other hefty branded counterparts. This projector is the best of the bunch and is a good one-time investment for your home entertainment center.
Liquid Crystal Display
Nowadays, we have high-quality projectors to install in our home theaters and gaming room entertainment centers. Amongst the most famous is the Epson Home Cinema 2150 Wireless with 3LCD (liquid Crystal Display) projector.
The project itself lets the viewers have a realistic three dimensional movie experience from the comfort of their homes.
Just like any projector, Epson Home Cinema 2150 produces super realistic images on a projection screen by sending the light of specific frequency across the entertainment room.
2,500 Lumens for Quality Images
The quality of images and videos displayed on the projects depends on the light, which is transmitted through different models of Epson Projectors. Let's discuss its salient features, advantages, and disadvantages.
Pros and Cons
- Realistically Wide Resolution Full HD 1080 p.
- Features up to 2500 Lumens White for brightness adjustment.
- Impressive contrast ratio 60,000;1
- Quick and easy control with power On/off options.
- Sleep Mode and Mute Mode(A/V).
- Features a great HDMI Version 1.4.
- Includes HDMI ports for MOBILE High Definition Link known as MHL.
- Lifelike movie experience on 3LCD.
- Gets overheated with excessive and constant usage.
- Not compatible with 4K resolutions.
- The project has up to 2,500 lumens to deliver and produce exceptional light transitions.
- It features a Full HD widescreen 1080p.
- Creator mirror project of photos, videos, and games by connecting your PlayStation, gaming console, and LCD panels.
- You can even connect your computers (Windows 8.1/10), MacBook, and windows.
- If you use Netflix on Android, you can watch series on the projection by connecting your phone with the projector within a matter of minutes.
2. BenQ HT2150ST 1080P Short Throw Projector
Check Price on Amazon
The BenQ HT2150ST projects large-sized images and videos on the 1080p projector screen, eliminating the need for full Television screens at home.
This petite device has a height of 14.98 and a weight of 10.91 and a depth of 4.79 inches. It offers a lot of connectivity options for home theaters and group gaming experience.
The control and power options are on the tops, allowing the users to control the operation of the projector through Ok, Keystone/Arrow, and menu buttons.
Luckily, this model has a temperature sensor to notify the users if the device is being overheated, besides it has zoom and focus ring for offering better gaming and theater experience to the users.
Besides the temperature sensor, you can view lamp status as well as power status onto the device without any struggle.
Multiple Connection Ports
For an affordable price, it offers at least two HDMI ports, which is quite impressive. Use USB-A port for charging the Wireless kit where the USB mini-B port is for connecting and servicing the external devices.
Screen Light Adjustment
Adjust light resolution for changing the quality of the images and videos on the projection interface. Besides, Its RS-232 control ports allow the users to make a connection with the Windows, home computers, android, and home theater.
Pros and Cons
- Advanced DLP technology which is used for the designs of 90% super-quality cinema theaters of the world.
- Easy assembling and installation.
- IGN gamers love this projector as it offers an unforgettable group as well as solo gaming experience.
- Low input lag and high responsiveness.
- 2200 ANSI Lumens for high resolution projection.
- Up to 6 RGBRGB Color wheels for crystal clear color transitions.
- 100-inch widescreen.
- 15,000:1 Contrast ratio for an ultra-smooth viewing experience.
- 1. 2x zoom enables fast installation.
- Only 1080 p projection resolution.
- Brightness lack uniformity.
- Promises exception quality images, videos, and media with excellent latency.
- The superb gaming experience on a widescreen.
- User CD manual for guide/start guide for beginner.
- Remote control along with the batteries for quick set up.
Top 5 - Best External Graphic Cards | Top 7-Best VR Headset for PC | Top 7 - Best Gaming Android Tablet | Best Gaming PC case
3. ViewSonic 1080p Projector 3500-Lumen
Check Price on Amazon
The ViewSonic 1080p Projector 3500-Lumen is one of the best projectors of the current times. It has been reviewed and tested by millions of people. It is on the top ten charts of best home cinematic projectors of 2020.
It features a brightness of 3500 lumens to display supreme quality and vivid colors in the videos, media, and images. It supports a full HD resolution 1920x1080p with beautiful, smooth, and vibrant life-like colors.
The ViewSonic 1080p Projector 3500 is more raved up by the gamers as well as sport channels lovers. It is known for projecting frame-by-frame action on the projector with very low 16-millisecond input latency.
It comes with super-fast connectivity options via its dual DMI ports and USB power. A USB cable comes with the projector along with other essential accessories.
Its lamp life is 15000 hours, quite impressive. However, the operating time may depend on the consumption period. It is built on power-saving technology to control power consumption.
It has VGA input, besides audio and output, to facilitate connection with the computer, television, and mobile devices (android).
Pros and Cons
- It is the best projector for gamers, tv series, and sports lovers. It displays even the smallest details on the screen, such as the color of outfits, pattern of grass blades, and frame-by-frame actions of the games.
- High contrast ratio to deliver the best gaming and theater-like experience at home.
- Bright and crystal clear images.
- Low input latency to deliver the uninterrupted gaming experience.
- Sport mode for sports lovers to enjoy every little detail of the field and gaming players.
- Super color technology delivers harmonized image contrasts in the bright and dark environment.
- 15000 Hours Lamp life.
- Easy to assemble and install.
- Multiple connectivity ports.
- Remote control and power cable come with the box.
- Impressive full HD 3D Video, games, and sports channels streaming.
- Background images flicker sometimes.
- RLC-116 bulb, which may not last very long.
- Bright and wide LCD projection, delivers images like a high-end 4k resolution TV.
- Great streaming experience even during the day time.
- Low input lag automatically enhances the picture and image quality.
- Fast connection with Playstation or any gaming console, Windows and mobile devices.
4. Optoma HD29Darbee 1080p 3200 Lumens 3D DLP
Check Price on Amazon
Feature Home Theater, HDR and Gaming
The Optoma HD29H is, without a doubt the best projector for gamers due to its amazing input lag of only 8.4 milliseconds. Also, it includes another series of features that make it a model with an unbeatable value for money, even if it is not for gaming.
Image Enhancement Technology with Deep Color
Its brightness is very good, with up to 3,500 ANSI lumens that will allow us to view in ambient light. Its 50,000 of contrast will make us enjoy the depth in the colours, in addition to which it includes HDR standard and Rec. 709 colour.
Enjoy Uninterrupted Video Games
Its shot is medium, achieving a maximum screen of 300 inches at just under 8 meters. And its keystone function allows us to correct the focus by up to 40%.
The sound is 10 watts, while the following model offers us 20. Of course, it is a very quiet model with only 25 decibels. In short, it is a marvel to enjoy video games without interruptions and with incredible image quality!
Give an Unmatched Gaming Experience
The reality, it's impressive; it makes you want to buy it even if you're not a gamer. Of course, the best way to experience immersive projector video games is if you have the money.
- Provides special input lag for video games.
- 30,000:1 contrast ratio
- Multimedia Interface
- DarbeeVision Image Processor
- 3200 lumens
- 1920x1080 Full HD
- Quiet, only 25db.
- 8000-hour lamp life
- With 4K video, HDR10 technology allows brighter whites and deeper black levels to improve the viewing experience
- Perfect for watching movies without downscaling or compression.
- It offers a range of power saving features that allow high performance and low maintenance with a lamp life of 15,000 hours.
- Power Optoma's optional WHD200 Wireless HDMI System with onboard USB power
- Enhanced gaming mode offers 8. 4ms fast response time with a refresh rate of 120Hz
5. Optoma HD142X 1080p 3000 Lumens 3D DLP Home Theater Projector
Check Price on Amazon
If you are looking for a cheap video game projector Optoma HD142X is the Best option because it doesn't hit previous models' budget. Optoma HD142X is the Best cheap gaming projector with the 16ms quick response times, perfect for simple, competitive console or computer gaming. Embrace your immersive experience with the affordable 3,600 lumens Optoma HD146X 1080p home theater projector.
HDMI-Link Technology Enables Control Of The Projector
HDMI-Link technology allows remote control of the projector and connected devices, all via the HDMI connection. With Dynamic mode, up to 15,000- hour lamp life offers several years of usage with minimal maintenance.
1920x1080 Full HD Resolution
This projector provides the best resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels to give you a clearer and accurate projection. In addition, it provides an incredible 8,000 hours with its extended lamp life. The contrast ratio is also excellent, however, where you can get 23,000:1 to improve the image quality.
Various Connectivity Options
You can have many connectivity options like wireless, USB, HDMI, and MHL, to make your projector very efficient and useful.
- Good input lag.
- Full HD 1080p Resolution
- Up to 3000 Lumens
- More economical.
- HDMI, Mouse-Only USB, MHL
- Cinematic Color Rec. 709 inclusion
- 8,000 Hour Lamp Life
- 3D Compatible
- Portable (Lightweight)
- Enjoy bright, high-definition images with native 1080p resolution
- Provides Full high-definition videos without downscaling or compression
- Experience fast response times when connected to the new gaming consoles and High Performance PCs.
- Enjoy 3,000 lumens of brightness in every room.
- Enhanced Gaming Mode enables flash-fast reaction time Game Display.
- Mode improves shadows and dark scenes for greater visibility of imminent obstacles 7.
- Experience up to 15,000 hours of lamp life, allowing an average of 4 hours of viewing every 10 + years
How to Choose Gaming Projector?
Unfortunately, most manufacturers do not reveal this information, but some do more than 120Hz is recommended. Projectors designed specifically for gaming generally have the highest refresh rates, as long as you buy a specialized game projector, your refresh rate should be good. This is especially important for FPS and driving games, less so for strategy and RPG games.
If you get a game projector with decent sound quality, you don't need to go for a speaker system. You can save some money, and connecting your console or PC directly to the projector will help reduce delays and increase your refresh rate. If you are using a home theater, try to connect directly to the projector.
Many games often require you to venture into dimly lit shaded areas. In such situations, you will need a high contrast ratio to see what is going on without entering a cave full of bad guys. Choose a contrast ratio of at least 10,000: 1 for maximum clarity.
Some game projectors are 720p, 1080p, and some are 4k. To really enjoy your gaming experience to the fullest, I recommend going with 1080p and 4k as the price difference is huge. If you are strapped for cash, then 720p will provide the best picture quality, but if you are a serious gamer, go for a 1080p and 4k model as they are generally better designed for gaming with regard to many factors such as the latency time in play.
There are several types of projectors: long-throw, short-throw (often called regular throw), or super short throw (ultra-short throw). This usually means how far from the wall your projector is meant to be placed. Long throws are cheaper, but you are often limited in the size of your room. Super short or ultra-short throws are generally used to display presentations at business meetings. Short jets are the most common and what you want from a game projector, especially if you are a tall player playing a game where you have to be standing, you would not want the projector to shine in the back from your head!
You can't afford to miss details when you play, so if you are playing your games in a fairly bright room, you will need a projector with better brightness. If you install it in a specialized home theater, the lumens are not very important, everything that exceeds 1000 lumens is enough, if you are in a room with ambient light, you need more than 1500, finally a large well-lit space so you have to look at 3000 lumens or more. Also, the screen size is a need for additional lumens 50-60 inches; you will need at least 1000+ lumens, 60-80 inches requires 1500+ lumens, 80-100 inches requires 1500+ lumens and finally 100+ inches, you will need a minimum of 2500 lumens.
Make sure it is a game projector
It may sound like common sense, but some people may see a high-end Full HD projector and think it's good enough. A good quality projector is great for movies, but not so much for games. Game projectors are specially designed to reduce latency, making them very responsive. A tiny bit of lag could make the difference between life and death in the gaming world. On average, they cost a little more, but hey, you're buying a specialty machine. That being said, you can buy a good quality game projector for less than $ 1,000.
Search the game mode
Most game projectors will have a specialized AKA "fast mode" game mode. This will reduce the image quality a little but also reduce the latency. It will increase the refresh rate, which will give you a more transparent and dynamic image while reducing eye strain.
If you've never played games on the big screen, you really missing an incredible experience. You can get a good quality high definition game projector for about the same price as a big screen TV and you won't need a screen if you have a white wall to light it up. Go ahead and immerse yourself in an unforgettable cinematic game experience!