Genshin Impact – Mona: Builds, Weapons, Skills
Mona is a playable Hydro Character in Genshin Impact that uses a Catalyst.
Character Type: damage, support.
Rarity: 5 stars (the highest).
Character Tier: S (the highest).
A mysterious young astrologer who presents herself as "the great astrologer Mona Megistus" and is in fact worthy of the title. Erudite and proud.
Although she is perpetually short of money and living a life of starvation, she resolutely refuses to use astrology to make money... And because of this determination, she constantly worries about tomorrow.
Mona is a young girl with fair skin, pale green eyes, and long black hair gathered in two ponytails. She wears a gold earring in the shape of a rose of the winds and hairpins of the same shape at the end of her ponytails.
Mona is dressed in a purple and black body with gold trim and purple fitted sleeves, black gloves, and a short purple cape with a red lining and black fur collar. She also wears black tights with a gold pattern around her right leg and a rump ornament on her left leg. A notable element of her costume is a wide-brimmed pointed hat, purple with a red lining, decorated with gold rhombuses, a rose of the winds, and a crescent moon.
Best Build, Weapon
Mona uses Hydro and making powerful Elemental reactions. We recommend you to use Mona as a burst DMG hero.
Increases Elemental DMG Bonus by 12%. Normal Attack hits have a 50% chance to earn the favor of the clouds which actively seek out nearby opponents to attack for 15s. dealing 160% ATK DMG. Can only occur once every 30s.
When the character takes the field, they will gain a random theme song for 10s. This can only occur once every 30s. Recitative: ATK is increased by 60%, Aria: Increases all Elemental DMG by 48%. Interlude: Elemental Mastery is increased by 240
Normal Attack hit increase Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst DMG by 20% for 6s. Likewise, Elemental Skill or Elemental Burst hits increase Normal Attack DMG by 20% for 6s.
Triggering an elemental reaction grants an 8% Elemental DMG bonus for 10s. Max 2 stacks.
Wine And Song
Hitting an opponent with a Normal Attack decreases the Stamina consumption of Sprint or alternate Sprint by 14% for 5s. Additionally, using a Sprint or Alternate Sprint ability increases ATK by 20% for 5s.
The Best Artifact.
Emblem Of Severed Fate
Energy Recharge + 20%
Increases Elemental Burst DMG by 25% of Energy Recharge. A maximum of 75% bonus DMG can be obtained in this way.
Heart Of Depth
Hydro DMG Bonus +15%
Elemental Burst DMG +20%
Artifact Stats, that we recommend to use:
- CRIT DMG;
- CRIT Rate;
- Elemental Mastery.
Best Team for Mona
Mona obtain a great power of element Hydro, which is very useful with Electro, Geo and Anemo heroes.
Premium stack of heroes.
- Mona's main role in this team comp is to start off an elemetal reaction chain. Starting with her Hydro, then next to Ganyu's Cryo, and finishing off with Diluc's Pyro.
- Diluc will act more of as a finisher than a main DPS. Save his Elemental Skills for dealing either Vaporize or Melt for the most damage.
- Ganyu is capable of applying Cryo to multiple enemies at once with her charged attacks. She'll act as an elemental combo proc rather than an on-field damage dealer.
- Bennett can provide the team with an Attack buff and healing with his Elemental Burst.
Ascension Materials for Mona
Varunada Lazurite Sliver x 1
Philanemo Mushroom x 3
Whopperflower Nectar x 3
Varunada Lazurite Fragment x 3
Cleansing Heart x 2
Philanemo Mushroom x 10
Whopperflower Nectar x 15
Varunada Lazurite Fragment x 3
Cleansing Heart x 4
Philanemo Mushroom x 20
Shimmering Nectar x 12
Varunada Lazurite Chunk x 3
Cleansing Heart x 8
Philanemo Mushroom x 30
Shimmering Nectar x 18
Varunada Lazurite Chunk x 6
Cleansing Heart x 12
Philanemo Mushroom x 45
Energy Nectar x 16
Varunada Lazurite Gemstone x 6
Cleansing Heart x 20
Philanemo Mushroom x 60
Energy Nectar x 24
Materials for Level-up.
Enemy Drops: Whopperflower Nectar, Shimmering Nectar, Energy Nectar.
Domain Drops: Teaching of Resistance, Guide To Resistance, Philosophies of Resistance.
Big Boss Drops: Ring of Boreas.
Ripple of Fate
Mirror Reflection of Doom
Perform up to 4 water splash attacks that deal Hydro DMG.
Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to deal AoE Hydro DMG after a short casting time.
Gathering the might of Hydro, Mona plunges towards the ground from mid-air, damaging all opponents in her path. Deals AoE Hydro DMG upon impact with the ground.
Creates an illusory Phantom of Fate from coalesced waterspouts.
The Phantom has the following special properties:
Continuously taunts nearby opponents, attracting their fire.
Continuously deals Hydro DMG to nearby opponents.
When its duration expires, the Phantom explodes, dealing AoE Hydro DMG.
Utilizes water currents to move backwards swiftly before conjuring a Phantom.
Only one Phantom created by Mirror Reflection of Doom can exist at any time.
- When the Phantom explodes and hits at least one opponent, it generates 3 Elemental Particles.
- The skill deals Hydro DMG every second, for a total of 4 times
- With Mona's Constellation 5, Mockery of Fortuna, the Level of Mirror Reflection of Doom is increased by 3.
- The hold version of this skill grants Mona a brief period of Invincibility Frames.
Mona summons the sparkling waves and creates a reflection of the starry sky, applying the Illusory Bubble status to opponents in a large AoE.
Traps opponents inside a pocket of destiny and also makes them Wet.
Renders weaker opponents immobile.
When an opponent affected by Illusory Bubble sustains DMG, it has the following effects:
Applies an Omen to the opponent, which gives a DMG Bonus, also increasing the DMG of the attack that causes it.
Removes the Illusory Bubble, dealing Hydro DMG in the process.
During its duration, increases DMG taken by opponents.
- Illusory Bubble and Omen are both applied upon casting Stellaris Phantasm.
- Visible marking: When Illusory Bubble is active on an enemy, there is a constellation-like marking on that enemy. When Omen is active on an enemy, there is a starry purple aura around that enemy.
- Hydro application: Stellaris Phantasm applies Wet twice: once when cast, and once when the Illusory Bubble bursts.
- It does no damage upon casting.
- The application of Hydro causes normal Hydro-related reactions if enemy is already affected by another element, but damage isn't applied until the bubble is popped.
- Illusory Bubble immobilization: Enemies that can be rendered immobilized by this talent scales with its level.
- Illusory Bubble bursting: When an enemy is affected by Illusory Bubble, most damage to that enemy will cause the bubble to burst.
- Damage that does not cause poise damage will not burst the bubble. For example:
- Resonance from Geo Constructs and hits to shielded or Frozen enemies will not burst the bubble.
- Xingqiu's Elemental Burst, which does no damage when cast, can burst the bubble because its knockback deals poise damage.
- If no outside source bursts the bubble, it automatically bursts after 8 seconds.
- Illusory Bubble vaporization: Maximizing Illusory Bubble's damage with Vaporize:
- Apply Pyro to the enemy (e.g. using Bennett's Elemental Burst)
- Cast this skill to apply Hydro, resulting in Vaporize and clearing both elemental statuses (also, it deals no damage at this point)
- Wait 2 seconds for the Internal Cooldown of Mona's burst Hydro application
- Switch to a Pyro damage dealer (e.g. Bennett) and do a Pyro attack. This will first apply Pyro on the target, then it will burst the Illusory Bubble, which deals Hydro damage and will react with Pyro to cause Vaporize again, this time dealing massive damage.
- Omen duration: Omen status timer only starts after the bubble bursts. Since Omen is applied from the initial cast of the skill, if the bubble lasts for its whole duration (8s), Omen can have a maximum duration of 8 + 5 = 13s.
- Omen damage bonus: Omen grants a damage bonus (maximum 60%) to any attack on the enemy affected by this status.
- The Omen damage bonus is considered Damage Bonus and is additive with other Damage Bonus sources such as Elemental DMG% from a Goblet of Eonothem.
- With Mona's 3rd Constellation, Restless Revolution, the Level of Stellaris Phantasm is increased by 3.
1st Ascension Passive
4th Ascension Passive
"Come 'n' Get Me, Hag!"
Mona cloaks herself within the water's flow, consuming stamina to move rapidly.
When under the effect of Illusory Torrent, Mona can move at high speed on water.
Applies the Wet status to nearby opponents when she reappears.
After she has used Illusory Torrent for 2s, if there are any opponents nearby, Mona will automatically create a Phantom.
A Phantom created in this manner lasts for 2s, and its explosion DMG is equal to 50% of Mirror Reflection of Doom.
Increases Mona's Hydro DMG Bonus by a degree equivalent to 20% of her Energy Recharge rate.
Prophecy of Submersion
When any of your own party members hits an opponent affected by an Omen, the effects of Hydro-related Elemental Reactions are enhanced for 8s:
- Electro-Charged DMG increases by 15%.
- Vaporize DMG increases by 15%.
- Hydro Swirl DMG increases by 15%.
- Frozen duration is extended by 15%.
When a Normal Attack hits, there is a 20% chance that it will be automatically followed by a Charged Attack.
This effect can only occur once every 5s.
Increases the Level of Stellaris Phantasm by 3.
Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Prophecy of Oblivion
Mockery of Fortuna
Rhetorics of Calamitas
When any party member attacks an opponent affected by an Omen, their CRIT Rate is increased by 15%.
Increases the Level of Mirror Reflection of Doom by 3.
Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Upon entering Illusory Torrent, Mona gains a 60% increase to the DMG of her next Charged Attack per second of movement.
A maximum DMG Bonus of 180% can be achieved in this manner. The effect lasts for no more than 8s.
Mona – Pros and Cons
Mona rightfully ranks among the top-ranked characters. Among the main advantages of this hero are:
·Increased movement speed with an alternate sprint to avoid dangerous attacks;
·Has a personal elemental phantom to distract opponents;
·Runs on the surface of water;
·Useful when pumping weapons, in that it sometimes (25%) gives back some of the materials spent on elevation;
·In combination with Mona you can trigger powerful elemental reactions with AoE damage.
However, the astrologer girl also has disadvantages:
·Low base defense;
·Severe HP deficiency;
·Excessive dynamism, which is not suitable for all players.
How to play
Firstly, Mona gives mobility that not all popular heroes have. Her phantoms will separate a squad from enemies, allowing you to do damage without missing a hit. When perfectly assembled in damage, you can create combinations with other attacking characters, or use the hero solely for Burst and Hydro status on enemies.